Want Healthy Skin? Here Are 5 Foods You Shouldn’t Go Without
We are what we eat. Eating an unhealthy diet will most certainly ruin your figure but also your hair and skin. Eating a healthy skin diet can make all the difference in the world. Food is a major factor when seeking to get a clear, youthful-looking complexion. Let’s take a look at some foods to include in your diet for a great-looking skin!
The 5 Foods You Should Add to Your Diet Starting Today
- Low-fat Dairy Products (Yogurt): an essential vitamin for healthy skin is Vitamin A. This can be found in low-fat dairy products, preferably with no added sugar. Vitamin A enhances our immune system which will result in having clear skin.
- Tropical Fruits: eating pineapple, kiwi, papaya and other non-tropical fruits like strawberries, will provide you with a healthy dose of another vitamin: Vitamin C. This vitamin is a soldier when it comes to fighting free radicals, which damage the skin and cause fine lines.
- Blueberries: another fruit to add to the list are antioxidant rich blueberries. These tiny blue fellows have the most antioxidants per serving compared to other berries and fruits. Antioxidants help combat premature aging by fighting free radicals, as well.
- Carotenoids-Orange/Yellow colored fruits and vegetables: Included in this list are: carrots, pumpkin, and apricots, among others. Beta carotene, found in high levels in these foods, is another antioxidant that will get converted into Vitamin A. It helps repair skin tissue and it also acts as a natural block to Sun rays.
- Almonds: these nuts have high quantities of Vitamin E. This vitamin helps nourish your skin, and also protects it from sun’s UV rays. They also have rich levels of monosaturated fat, which is a “good” fat that will help lower your cholesterol.
These 5 foods you shouldn’t go without if you want healthier skin at any age. There are also others we recommend, like spinach, green leafy vegetables, tomatoes, beans, peas, lentils, salmon, mackerel and other fatty fish. And as there are important foods to include, there are others that should be in your black list and you should avoid as much as possible.
The Black List of Foods for your skin
- Refined carbohydrates like white bread
- High processed foods
- Unhealthy fats from fast food
- Excessive salt
- Candy, as it is high in sugar
Get the Best Health and Beauty Tips to Go with Your Awesome Looks
Flaunt Salon Denver is located in the heart of downtown Denver, keeping Denverites cool and funky with the latest hair trends, waxing, nail services, and more. If you’re in a hurry before an important meeting or an outing with friends, stop by our Glam and Go Bar for a quick fix-up.
Need some unique gifts? We have gift certificates for facials, the blowout bar, and a mini glamour package.
At Flaunt Salon in downtown Denver, we have a great opportunity for hair stylists: two open spots at our salon facilities! Plus, one position available for a nail technician. This could be your chance to rent an awesome booth at a warm, professional, stylish salon! Give us a call to find out more info or stop by our salon and see the awesomeness for yourself!
Are you a fabulous Stylist? 2 Stations Open
This could be your chance to rent an awesome booth at a warm, professional, stylish salon in Denver!
In our 2 stations available, we’re looking for the perfect addition to our fabulous group of talented stylist. We have an awesome location, with incredible growth, good parking and a truly warm environment. You can’t find such a competitive booth rent at a better location, in such a happening community. Plus, we are not ego oriented, so you’ll love working with us!