Unwanted Flakes? Dry Scalp vs. Dandruff
Winter can bring you Dry Scalp and Dandruff problems in Denver
Dry air from all the heating system causes the moisture level in your body to decrease. You’ve seen it in your skin. How is your scalp?
At Flaunt Salon in downtown Denver, we truly love our city! We love the crisp clean air, the breweries, and the plethora of unique restaurants. There’s so much to do in the Denver area, whether you are a foodie, an outdoorsman, or an artist. We love catching a concert at Red Rocks, and taking a rock climbing class at REI. While you’re out and about, make sure you have the latest hair style and color around. Schedule your appointment with one of our professional stylists today!
One of the challenges of living in beautiful, sunny Denver is the dry atmosphere, and even more so in Winter. When friends and family visit, they need lotion and chapstick within minutes of arriving. In the wintertime, it is even more challenging. Part of this challenge is not only frustrating, but can actually be embarrassing. Yep, you guessed it. Dry scalp. Annoying with a capital A. But, how do you know if it’s dandruff (even more embarrassing) or dry scalp? Read on.
- A result of dehydrated sebaceous glands (the glands that produce natural oil for your scalp)
- Loose, white, powdery flakes
- Due to dry climate, not drinking enough water, or a skin condition like psoriasis
- A result of overproduction of sebum, causing skin cells to grow rapidly and stick to scalp
- Yellowish in color and clings to scalp
- Due to hair product sensitivity, poor hygiene, or a skin condition like eczema
Give your Scalp the Royal Treatment at Flaunt Salon!
Flaunt Salon Denver is located in the heart of downtown Denver, keeping Denverites cool and funky with the latest hair trends, waxing, nail services, and more. If you’re in a hurry before an important meeting or an outing with friends, stop by our glam and go bar for a quick fix-up. Need some unique gift ideas this season? We have gift certificates for facials, the blowout bar, and a mini glamour package.