TLC for Your Highlighted Hair
If you’re like many of us, you’ve been highlighting or coloring your hair since before you had your first blackhead. And you started way-back-when your mom would pull your hair through a cap (can you say torture?) or you bought a color box at Walgreens and ended up with purple-that-was-supposed-to-be-auburn hair. Times have changed. Hopefully, you’ve changed with them. At Flaunt Salon in downtown Denver, we have color experts to help you get the look you’re going for. In fact, if you schedule your first color or highlight appointment with us, you can get a free haircut! And don’t forget to bring in your canned good or nonperishable item to help support our food drive and get $5 off your service. Book your appointment today!
Now, back to that colored hair. How do you care for it between colorings/highlights? Today we are giving you our best tips for caring for blonde hair.
5 Tips for Caring for Your Highlighted Hair
- Sunscreen. Try a UV spray to protect your hair (yep, it needs protection just like your skin) from harmful rays.
- Purple Shampoo. Use this weekly to keep your hair from turning brassy.
- Deep condition, deep condition, deep condition. Do it and do it often. Your hair needs this added moisture.
- Dry shampoo. The less you wash your hair, the longer your color will stay vibrant.
- Give it a rest. Make sure you give your hair a break now and then from heat styling and always use a protective spray.
Keep Your Highlights Looking Good at Flaunt Salon!
Flaunt Salon Denver is located in the heart of downtown Denver, keeping Denverites cool and funky with the latest hair trends, waxing, nail services, and more. If you’re in a hurry before an important meeting or an outing with friends, stop by our glam and go bar for a quick fix-up. Need some unique gift ideas this season? We have gift certificates for facials, the blowout bar, and a mini glamour package. Don’t forget to check out the best salon specials in Denver!