Five Facts About Gray Hair
How did you react when you noticed your first few silver streaks of gray hair? Did you cry? Did you embrace the aging process? Did you yank them out, only to be afraid of 3 more growing in its place? At Flaunt Salon in downtown Denver, we can identify with the range of emotions and questions that come up with seeing your first gray hairs. We have the finest hair color specialists in Denver. Book your appointment today or just stop by!
5 Things You Should Know About Gray Hair
- It’s normal. Gray hair is typically due to the normal aging process. Have you heard of the 50-50-50 rule? Fifty percent of the population has about 50% gray hair at age 50.
- Ethnicity plays a role. Caucasians tend to gray earlier. Red heads tend to gray first. Then, usually Asians and then African Americans.
- Stress matters. The link between stress and gray hair is not extremely clear, but they are, indeed, linked.
- Lifestyle is important. Like most things, a healthy lifestyle impacts your hair and skin. Getting all your vitamins and eating a balanced diet will help.
- Hair doesn’t change colors. It grows in as a different color. When one strand of color is shredded, another strand grows in. The new strand could be a color or gray.
Let Flaunt Help You with Your Gray Hair!
Flaunt Salon Denver is located in the heart of downtown Denver, keeping Denverites cool and funky with the latest hair trends, waxing, nail services, and more. If you’re in a hurry before an important meeting or an outing with friends, stop by our glam and go bar for a quick fix-up. Need some unique gift ideas this season? We have gift certificates for facials, the blowout bar, and a mini glamour package.